Thursday, January 16, 2014

Wishing Wayne LaPierre Had to go to One Scene of a Shooting

This meme was posted on my FB News Feed  on January 16, 2013.


 
This affected me because I was a Paramedic in New York City for almost 20 years and personally pronounced (made a "presumption of death" - only an MD can "Pronounce" in NY - but the time I gave was the official time of pronouncement) hundreds of people deceased. Too many of them were children. I started in 1991 during the height of the drug wars. Near the end of the drug wars the gangs were using younger and younger hungry children to deliver their product. Unfortunately when someone wanted to rip-off the drugs they simply shot the delivery boy. One gang (among thousands of drug gangs, I won't say the name, but they were headquartered at 157th St and St. Nicholas) was responsible for over 1000 homicides, it was determined a few years after the wars were over. The number of children I pronounced, myself, under the age of 14, I would put somewhere around 20. The thing that was the hardest was when the mother, or another family member, would come to the scene of the shooting where their child, the son, the brother, was on the street with the yellow blanket over him that I had placed after determining he was not viable. I can still hear the screeching screams of them. It literally gave me goosebumps. I would try what I could before the police would remove them from the scene. I think Mr. La Pierre should have to go to one of those scenes and scrape the grey brain matter off the street of a 12 year old while the mother, brother, and sister, scream in denial. Just once.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We appreciate hearing your opinions